Investigo are working alongside a global investment management organisation to recruit an Assistant Accountant into their growing finance team. This is a newly created role due to growth within the business and represents a great entry into financial services.
The Assistant Accountant applies the principles of accounting to provide the financial information necessary for the planning and financial protection of the company.
The key objective for the Assistant Accountant role is to assist the Group Finance team with their management accounting and financial reporting responsibilities.
They will be provided with on-the-job one-to-one training, and will have the following key responsibilities:
- Undertake book-keeping duties in relation to relevant corporate entities (balance sheet reconciliations, journals, accruals, prepayments)
- Regularly process payments via oversight of the purchase ledger function
- Liaise with third parties (banks, lawyers) to facilitate processing of payments and liaise with suppliers to resolve queries
- Maintenance of intergroup loans and loan interest schedule
- Maintain cash books
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Invoice raising and credit control
- Assist with preparing and monitoring budgets, which will involve business partnering with key individuals
- Cash flow analysis and forecasting
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or similar)
- Degree educated
- Previous experience within an accounting function and preferably in the investment management industry
- Proficient Excel skills and competence with other Microsoft Office packages;
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical skills, with an eye for detail
- Highly organised with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A team player who works for the benefit of the team as a whole
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply directly to this advert and contact James at Investigo.