Clinical-stage Biopharma/Gene Therapy company focusing on rare and serious diseases
Greater Boston, MA area
Associate Director/Director, Therapeutic Protein Design - Full time, permanent
This individual will help design and create the next wave of innovative therapeutic enzyme and biologic product candidates. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership to help identify therapeutic opportunities to treat serious diseases, and to design and create novel therapeutic candidates
- Working closely with external partners and collaborators on protein design and screening
- Overseeing work performed at CROs
- Collaborating with internal groups to characterize early-stage therapeutic candidates and aid in further product development
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field with a minimum of 5 years' of relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of enzymology, biochemistry, and protein characterization. Previous experience in protein design or protein evolution is preferred
- Experience in protein design software, structural biology, and/or metabolic pathways is strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with protein production and analytics is a plus.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details