AWS Data Engineer - Outside IR35 - Remote On-boarding
AWS, Data Engineering, Python, Lambda, ECS, EMR, Glue, Glue-ETL, IAM, Cloudformation, Pyspark, Data pipelining, Cloud, Big Data, Spark, CI/CD, Data Warehousing
An excellent contract opportunity has arisen for an AWS Data Engineer to work for a leading organisation on a Data lake implementation project. This contract is Outside IR35 and is an initial 6 month term.
The role is London based, but will initially be remote.
Key skills/experience required:
- Strong AWS development experience using services such as: EMR, S3, ECS, IAM policies, Glue (data catalog and ETL), CloudFormation, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudWatch, KMS, SNS and Service Catalog
- Strong commerial experience across the Hadoop ecosystem: Spark, HDFS, YARN, Hive, Presto, etc. Strong Spark experience is a significant advantage
- Strong programming background (3+ years) in Python
- An understanding of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD). Experience with Bamboo is a plus
- Data Warehousing design and data modelling, ETL development and testing experience in Big Data technologies including SQL
- Experience with support and application maintenance knowledge with the ability to resolve system issues, data issues and bug fixes
- Experience of handling data in various file types; JSON, XML, Parquet, data frames, etc.
- Experience with Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence and Bamboo alongside GIT (or similar)