Capsida Biotherapeutics, Inc. is a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs. We leverage our proprietary high-throughput, data science driven AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
Bioinformatics Scientist/Sr. Scientist:
Capsida Biotherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our data science research team and participate in the development of new, innovative gene therapies for patients with serious genetic diseases. The candidate will be responsible for establishing data analytics capabilities to manage, process, and analyze a large amount of analytical data to gain insight into the biology of the therapy products and the specificity of viral avidity. In this role, the ideal candidate will create or select algorithms to process, analyze, visualize, and interpret, as well as report on large amounts of analytical data. They will collaborate cross-functionally to apply statistical tools, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and other data-mining techniques to build models to advance programs.
The candidate will also be responsible for establishing and documenting the workflow for data analytics platforms from analysis through visualization. The successful candidate will represent The Data Science Team in multiple cross-functional team projects and will have the opportunity to enable the next generation of gene therapy development using computational biology approaches.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work collaboratively with scientists to develop bioinformatics databases, workflows, analysis, and visualization tools
- Help design, analyze, and interpret NGS experiments (screening and expression assays)
- Create pipelines to generate robust, interpretable, reproducible, and actionable results from NGS data
- Integrate data sets from multiple sources
- Provide synopsis of analyses with presentations and written reports
- Ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
Education and skills requirements:
- PhD with 0-6 years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience or MS with 3-8 years in bioinformatics, biostats, or computational biology
- Excellent programming skills in at least one of the following: python, R, C#, C++
- Basic Git source code management experience
- Expert understanding of DNA and RNA sequencing
- Proficiency in data processing, bioinformatics tools, statistics, and programming
- Basic understanding of chemistry, biology, and genetics
- Experience in protein engineering or machine learning is highly desired
- Excellent organization and communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
· Relocation compensation
· Fully stocked kitchen
· Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws