Business Control Specialist - 1 LoD role
Investigo are supporting a Wholesale Bank with the recruitment of a Business Control Specialist on an interim day rate contract basis.
The main purpose of this role is to support the appropriate governance and oversight of the banks Non-Financial Risk Frameworks including, implementation of new frameworks and monitoring of appropriate control effectiveness.
Your activities will be across the following areas:
CISO; Fraud-Management; Business Continuity; Operational Resilience; Sourcing; Data; End User Computing; Compliance frameworks being transferred from 2LoD; governance; strategy & approach; converting relevant local regulatory requirements into effective local policies and procedures; Implementing and executing controls for oversight.
This is a 12 month maternity cover and the role is Inside IR35, the day rate is £500 per day via umbrella or £437 per day via PAYE. The role is 3 days per week in the office and 2 days per week work from home.
- Coordinate the monthly COO Risk Forum, reporting into the Non-Financial Risk Committee (NFRC)
- Minuting the meetings
- Reviewing team submissions
- Summarising outcomes for submissions to the NFRC
- Work with internal management and business lines in order to identify any weaknesses and implement new control standards
- Facilitation of risk assessments and gap analysis with regards to implementing new control standards
- Periodic reviews of existing processes and frameworks
- Assist control owners with implementing solutions and controls that close or minimise any identified control weaknesses or gaps
- Support outsources testers with undertaking Key Control testing (TOD and TOE)
- Experience of working in a large financial institution
- Experience of working for a wholesale banking institution
- Good knowledge of non-financial risk management
- Good understanding of UK regulations and regulators
- Previous experience of Agile working