Business Intelligence Engineer
£48,000 - Remote (1 day per week from London office moving forward)
Our client, a London based Housing Association, have an immediate requirement for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join on a permanent basis. This role will be key in developing databases, automation and analytics to support the organisations business intelligence function.
Key accountabilities for the Business Intelligence Engineer:
- Design, develop and test new and existing data warehouse and reporting systems, from user requirements through to training and documentation to agreed quality standards and deadlines
- Analyse user requirements and design software applications to meet the user needs
- Work in accordance with current change control and test plan processes
- Manage, maintain and integrate assigned databases
- Produce and maintain system and configuration documentation
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues on databases, data warehouse and business intelligence products
- Use "big data" statistical methods to mine insight from data.
- Searching for new data sources, structured and unstructured, that can enrich the data analytics insights.
- Work with colleagues to understand business needs and advise on possibilities improving the quality and efficiency of management of data.
- Proactively identify areas for greater reporting automation and analytical insight.
- Keep abreast of wider landscape and emerging trends in databases, business intelligence, and data analytics.
- Support a wide range of data analytical tasks and other business requirements as they emerge.
Knowledge and experience required for the Business Intelligence Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a related technical subject.
- Demonstrate software development experience
- Detailed knowledge of MS SQL Server (to engineer level)
- Detailed knowledge of data transformation services and methods
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse design and management
- Knowledge of database integration tools
- Experience of other databases such as Progress, Access and Informix
- Experience of designing, developing, maintaining and supporting Corporate Relational Databases.
- Detailed Knowledge and practical experience of Business Intelligence tools such as COGNOS reporting suite