This role in the Risk portfolio will provide the following opportunities:
- Grow your own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities. Develop the capabilities of the team and provide specialised training or coaching to others in your area of expertise.
- Identify shortcomings and suggests improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures. Deliver a plan for change with guidance from project/evolution colleagues and following planning framework.
- Analyse specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions.
- Deliver prescribed outcomes for your area of responsibility by applying both individual skills and through collaboration. Deliver controlled changed through managed processes to ensure the organisation is not exposed to undue risk.
- Explore issues and/or needs to establish potential causes, related issues and barriers.
- Define, deliver, and adapt specialised products/services to meet customer needs by selecting the best possible approaches available within established systems.
- Develop product specifications and accompanying designing and testing procedures and standards.
- Conduct research into new solutions and prototype new ideas within organisational framework.
- Deliver robust technical solutions to requirements and in collaboration with business users.
- SQL Server, C#, Python, Java, WPF/WCF/EF, VBA
- DevOps and change management tools
- Software development lifecycle and Agile Scrum/Kanban delivery methods
- Good risk knowledge with experience of working market and / or counterparty risk
- Knowledge of Tableau and experience building and delivering reports using business intelligence technologies will be beneficial.
- Strong problem solving skills and good at information sharing and up-skilling others
- Capable of delivering solution both collaboratively and independently when required
- A knowledge of data lake technology and cloud infrastructure will be beneficial
- Communicate effectively, delivering complex information simply and concisely.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Growth mindset, able to demonstrate effectiveness in learning and applying new skills