Commercial Finance Analyst
up to £43k + study support
West End / Hybrid Working
As Commercial Finance Analyst you will be responsible for reporting, planning and helping to drive key commercial decisions quickly within their key USA growth market, on their global websites, in their core UK business and across new domestic and overseas channels. You will be a business partner for selected channel P&Ls, support in the month close process and point management towards the most effective use of capital and other resources, while supporting less-financially astute colleagues to improve their financial skills.
- Responsible for weekly sales and margin reporting to the business, whilst ensuring the management accounts reflect accurate sales and gross profit by channel each month.
- Carry out in-year forecasting for key commercial channels working with business partners for inputs.
- You will support the finance manager in the preparation of the annual Budget, combining a top down approach with a full bottom up, stakeholder engaged budgeting process. Given rapid expansion of the business internationally, this can be quite dynamic, and involves co-ordination of work across the finance and business teams.
- You will be a key part of the monthly management accounting process and will support the management accounting team as necessary to achieve a timely and accurate set of monthly accounts
- You will attend monthly profit & loss review meetings, supporting the management accounting function with explaining results to Heads of Departments.
- Carry out regular financial analysis and scenario planning to support the growth of our key channels - USA Retail, global B2C websites, UK retail and other digital routes to market.
- Work with the channel leads to produce and challenge business cases for investment and new channel development across the world.
- Develop and enhance our existing reporting framework to provide fresh insights and communicate these effectively with key stakeholders.
- Benchmark performance against external data.
- Support in the production of reports for board meetings.
- Provide ad hoc financial and commercial support to the CEO, Finance Director and the functional directors and heads.
Those ad hoc duties: As with all roles, you may at times be required to carry out ad hoc duties; whether that is to support another team member, to take on additional responsibilities or to get involved in project work that may impact not only on your department but also the wider business.
- Studying towards accountancy qualification - CIMA Preferred, ACCA considered
- First-rate data handling and Excel modelling skills
- Analytical mindset and high attention to detail
- Able to represent Finance and build relationships across the business
- A proactive attitude and a sense of personal accountability - you need to 'lean in' and take the lead
- Retail / high street brand experience
- Proven investigative approach to your work
- Delivering a great Customer Experience (internally and externally) must be second nature to you
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, while juggling multiple priorities