Commercial Finance Analyst
up to £45k + benefits
We are looking for someone to work very closely with the Commercial FP&A Manager to provide support on all channels, responsible for providing varied support to the FP&A Finance team in reporting, budgeting and month end management accounts processes as well as day to day ad hoc analysis.
What you'll be doing:
- Ownership of Monday trade reports, ensure all reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner,
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly trade reporting and ensure reports are distributed on time and accurately reported,
- Assist the FP&A Manager to co-ordinate and update the monthly Board pack,
- Support the FP&A Finance Manager on ad hoc trade analysis including performance of Trading events like Sale.
- Update the weekly view of sales, stock and margin. Work with Merchandising to ensure ongoing view is up to date.
- Run and complete initial review of P&L reports for Retail stores ensuring postings are complete and variances are analysed for review with FP&A Finance Manager,
- Assist FP&A Finance Manager in updating the monthly management accounts pack,
- Monthly reconciliation of accruals and prepayment balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with FP&A Manager to provide analysis and support to the Retail stores including setting incentive targets and measuring performance, monitoring store profitability.
Budget & Forecasting
- Support the FP&A Finance Manager with the bi-annual budgeting process, updating and preparing budget models.
- Work closely with the FP&A Finance Manager on updating cost budgets and reforecasts, working alongside key budget holders and stakeholders.
Ad Hoc/Business Partnering
- Process improvements including simplifying spreadsheets and reviewing current processes to be more efficient.
- Provide support to Commercial team in producing insight and analysis to support Business Stakeholders.
- Become team key point of contact and trainer on the Reporting Tool TargIT.
- Providing business support on projects/business initiatives where necessary.
What you'll need:
- Experience in an analytical capacity in a retail/e-commerce environment (essential)
- Studying towards an Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA equivalent)
- Advanced excel skills (sumifs, V & H lookups, IF functions, etc)
- Strong communication, stakeholder management skills and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and deadline driven
- Resilience to work under pressure and adapt to new situations, systems and processes in a fast-paced retail environment
- Attention to detail, but able to see the bigger picture
- Experience using Reporting tools (desirable)