Commercial Finance Analyst - Marketing
Leading Restaurant Brand
£30,000 - £40,000 + Great Benefits
Hybrid Working (3 days typically in the office)
This role will work with the Marketing team to drive commercially backed decisions. They will become the subject matter expert on promotional activity and be the go-to person for commercial support. They will be very commercially savvy, have outstanding Excel skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment working with the marketing team.
- Support the Commercial Business Partner in driving commercially led marketing decisions.
- Act as the day-to-day contact for marketing commercial support including modelling potential promotional activity.
- Own the preparation of weekly/monthly reporting such as promotions, product mix, and competitor pricing.
- Analyse all promotional and campaign activity and report back clear findings and recommendations.
- Supporting the wider finance team with sales, margin analysis.
- Mine and analyse large datasets, producing valid inferences to present via appropriate reports, graphs, or visualisations for internal and external audiences.
- Represent commercial finance in cross functional meetings.
- Support the Food team with recipe costs and margin work.
- Support IT with data management.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting when required.
Communication: Confident and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable dealing with stakeholders across all levels.
Analytics: Gathers data and identifies new data sources to analyse issues and break them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information and can step back to bring clarity to decisions.
Resilience: Demonstrates perseverance to overcome obstacles and shows willingness to go the extra mile. Focuses on finding solutions and supporting colleagues, but firm in their convictions.
Strategic problem solving: Works in a hypothesis-led way to break down complex problems, with ability to probe and establish real issues and identify correct solutions.
Initiative: Identifies problems to be solved, and enjoys constantly exploring and expanding their role
- You will ideally have a degree in either business, statistics, or finance.
- You will have experience in a related analytical role, ideally with experience in the restaurant, hospitality, or retail industry - Desired but not essential.
- A strong Commercial understanding and awareness.
- Proficient analytical and excel modelling skills - Desired but not essential.
- Organised, self-starter who shows initiative and can work independently.
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting.
- Expert in Excel and proficient in PowerPo - Desired but not essential