Investigo are delighted to be partnering exclusively with a well know, PE backed SaaS/Tech company in their search for a Commercial Finance Business Partner. This business partnering role will be fundamental in supporting and influencing senior managers across the business. This particular finance team you will be joining, won finance team of the year 2018 at the Accounting Excellence awards.
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts, liaising with various departments across the business to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Build financial models and be comfortable manipulating large amounts of data. This will include ownership of the gross margin planning, other scenario planning and working with advanced excel functions to assist with commercial decision making such as analysis of variances and preparation of bridges and reconciliations between models and plan versions.
- Reporting monthly, interim and annual external reporting requirements such as dashboards, investor presentations and decks for board meetings.
- Facilitate and influence decisions through presentation of business cases for new projects and provide support across the business.
- Ownership of Partnerships team finance business partnering, being the key contact for monthly and quarterly financial forecasts, ensuring that their requirements and plans are met alongside the wider strategy and goals.
- Provide detailed monthly reporting tailored to the Global Partnerships Director, comparing to budget and plan versions. Have an oversight of invoices, month-end accruals and stock management for key partners.
- Work closely with our Data team, sharing insight into the commercial reporting requirements of the business, discussing and problem-solving issues which affect our financial reporting. Drive changes to the quality, clarity and integrity of metrics reported.
- Review the work of a junior team member, providing weekly, monthly & quarterly dashboards and reports for the Executive team.
- Ad-hoc insights and reports as required, including potential to be involved in other projects across the business.
- 3+ years of business partnering experience in a commercial environment
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years of PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Understanding of SAAS business drivers and operations
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of working in a fast paced and high pressure environment managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A natural business partner, able to forge and manage great relationships with demanding senior business stakeholders
- Ability to convey messages with confidence and credibility
- Influences decisions and supports the strategic agenda of stakeholders in the wider business
- Advanced Excel skills and strong experience with creating financial models
- Experience with Databricks, Salesforce and Netsuite preferred but not essential
- Understanding of SQL
Please send your CV to Calum Forster.