This is an exciting opportunity to join this household brand that over the last 24 months has been taking market share and is still going from strength to strength. The role of Commercial Finance Manager will be a varied and challenging role and the successful candidate will have to be comfortable getting into the detail as well as providing business partnering and commercial support to the senior management team. This will involve digging out the data to produce insightful analysis which you would then use to provide business partnering and commercial decision support.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Focused attention on both margin analysis and operational and cost structures - business partnering our sales, marketing and operations teams, and other cost centre owners in the business;
- Providing support to the teams through timely information, professional advice and interpretation of data to actively participate in decision making process;
- Analysis of our sales volume, price reviews, product costs and margins, review and analysis of our promotional and marketing spend, ensuring the funds are utilised in the most effective manner to maximise profit;
- Pulling together relevant KPI based analysis for the operational teams to provide adequate information to help them manage the business with as efficiently as possible;
- Heavy involvement in the process of budgeting and forecasting for the business - owning the models;
- Communicating effectively with the teams on a regular basis and providing the necessary challenges, thereby securing the delivery of the forecasts;
- Collaborating with the cost centre owners to close gaps in actual financial performances vs Budgets/Plans; and
- A new BI system has recently been implemented which will give us access to sales, production and spend data at a granular level, you will lead the work to use this data to work with our colleagues (both in the office, and on the shop floor) to drive an understanding and efficiency in our processes
It is essential that you are a qualified accountant who has experience of working within a Commercial team and understands what good look likes. This should be coupled with a demonstrable knowledge margin, sales and cost and a strong track record of providing commercial support.