Investigo are exclusively partnering a Global Services company in the South East, to recruit a newly created Commercial Finance Manager to support Joint Ventures.
The role is varied and ranges from standard accounting routines through to involvement in commercial projects, internal and external reporting, system reviews and process improvements as well as representing finance to senior management.
- Analysing targets and analysing change and advising accordingly.
- Working with commercial heads within Majors Sector and JV/JO finance community.
- Support the ongoing forecasting and budgeting process within the company. This will include attendance of project reviews, supporting micro level forecasting and the macro consolidation to work stream level.
- Support the ongoing forecasting and budgeting process within the company at micro level forecasting and the macro consolidation to work stream level. Working closely with Commercial.
- Month End - Supporting the finance team to achieve month-end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records, accruals and internal controls and close liaison with teams and senior management. Key focus will be on accurate accounting of all overhead costs and resource recoveries.
- Project start up, closure and project administration - working closely with Finance team to ensure appropriate documentation and controls are in place to allow accurate project set-up, execution and close
- Providing insights on the financial health of the organisation.
- Cost control and governance - to ensure that all costs are managed and controlled in line with internal control policies and procedures.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Developing external relationships with contacts such as auditors from a Client perspective and statutory perspective.
- Supervising staff and carrying out annual performance reviews to ensure all objectives are met
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
We are looking for:
- Be a qualified accountant and member of an accountancy body (ACMA,ACCA,ACA)
- Knowledge of civil engineering, construction and/or general contracting.
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Good head for numbers, interpersonal skills and the ability to solve complex problems
- Good at planning and a strong communicator and motivator.
- Being able to prioritise ad-hoc or unexpected demands
- Being able to communicate financial information to non-finance people
- Must be diligent and use own initiative to resolve issues.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the finance team and across the business.