Investigo are delighted to have been engaged by a Milton Keynes based SME Client who are looking to recruit a Company Accountant.
The role of Company Accountant is being recruited on an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with a view to going Permanent.
The Company Accountant will report into the Finance Director, and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintaining accurate and complete accounting records for the company and for the integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for approval by the Finance Director and to present those accounts to the Senior Leadership Team
- Preparation of any other financial and management reports as required by the Finance Director, Managing Director or Senior Leadership Team
- Preparation of year-end financial accounts, year-end audit information and primary contact point for annual statutory financial audit
- Responsible for all bank and cash transactions, including automated accounts payable settlements via on-line payment systems
- Monthly analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts inclusive of intercompany balances, accruals & prepayments, etc
- Producing variance analysis against expected results/budget and working closely with department heads and the Board to interpret results
- Completion of quarterly VAT return/reconciliations
- Dealing with ad-hoc reporting requirements (eg National Statistics Office returns)
- Managing the interface and data flows with outsourced payroll provider, responsible for pension scheme administration with pension provider and acting as primary contact with HMRC
- Managing the relationship with a new outsourced Payroll provider
- Leadership and development of a small finance team
The successful Candidate will either be a Professionally Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA, or Qualified By Experience, with a breadth of all round accountancy knowledge. They will be a highly personable individual who takes a hands-on approach to work, and has previous experience of working in an SME environment.
Our Client is offering a basic salary of £50,000 + £6,000 Car Allowance.