Compensation Accountant - 50-55k
The Compensation Accounting team provides accounting services globally for the Group's compensation related costs including the accounting, monitoring and reporting of most staff cost related items. In particular, the team focuses on variable compensation in the form of bonuses, including the complex accounting of deferred awards. The team works closely with most Finance and Human Resources departments globally to ensure compensation costs are properly recorded within both the internal and external accounts.
The role provides broad exposure to a variety of compensation accounting processes and therefore requires a candidate who is able to work flexibly. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient, well controlled process, which minimises manual intervention for all aspects of Compensation Accounting.
The successful candidate will take responsibility in conjunction with the other members of the Compensation Accounting Team for:
- Monthly processes undertaken by the team including bonus provisions, redundancy accruals, commitment accruals, review of payroll payments , compensation cost review and total compensation ratio calculation
- Accounting for various share and fund award schemes (ECP, DAP, EIP, LTIP & SIP), monitoring hedging and production of quarterly Equity and Fund Position Report
- Maintaining the integrity of data within the Group general ledger systems via the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process
- Delivering the annual bonus provisioning process and bonus reconciliations for all employing entities
- Calculating various non standard incentive compensation arrangements