Contract IT Manager
Location & Duration: Remote, 6 months initially
Rate & Engagement: Outside IR35 - to £450 per day
An Investigo partner is looking to engage an IT Manager on an interim basis. Following the pandemic, the business realised the importance of digital and the increased importance to become a digital-first organisation with a 5-year global strategy; as part of this strategy the business will be taking a cloud first approach but require an IT Manager to manage and maintain the existing IT infrastructure estate. The IT manager will help delivering across the IT legacy function and support digital governance across the business. This is a pivotal role in this transition period to help run existing IT and infrastructure while preparing the adoption of a digital-first IT function.
The right candidate will have a can do and hands-on approach to help manage and deliver selected projects and enable day to day management of the IT function across the business both onsite and remotely. A snapshot of the role is below:
- Develop and maintain the company's IT systems and infrastructure, the core elements of which include ERP, (running on an Oracle database) and VMware servers, using NetApp storage, over HP network switches (legacy).
- Support users, using a wide variety of devices, from printers, laptops and pc's to VoIP telephones, mobiles and tablets, meeting room equipment.
- Procure hardware (laptops, switches, backups) and software, obtaining competitive quotations from suppliers and making recommendations on price and technical grounds to the Digital HoD.
- Management, liaison with and direction of external IT providers including suppliers of support services, hardware, software, cabling and printing.
- Manage internet connectivity and company telephony including mobiles and landlines.
- Manage the effective delivery of network cyber security, to protect the company's systems and data from external threat, whilst also maintaining and supporting secure external access through the VPN.
- Ensure team provides appropriate first line helpdesk support, technical help, guidance on MS Office products, user creation & deletion.
- Contribute to and where necessary lead company projects which require IT integration.
We're looking for:
- Experience of delivering and managing projects and IT infrastructure development - strategy and systems.
- Experience of procurement of hardware/software.
- Experience of working efficiently in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Experience in integrating cloud-services and enabling team adoption in a secure manner.
- Previously worked in a large team, cross functionally and collaboratively.
- Experience of managing a team and delivering enhancements and integrations to ERP system.
- Any Microsoft training courses (desktop support, servers etc) and Project Management, ERP or general MS certifications would be highly beneficial.
This is an outside IR35 engagement with a day rate on offer of up to £450 per day. Initial contract duration will be 6 months with scope to extend alongside the 9-12 month workstream of migrating into the cloud.
Please either apply by clicking online or emailing me directly to firstname.lastname@example.org