An exciting opportunity has arises for a Cost Accountant/ Analyst to join a manufacturing client of mine based in Wellingborough who is experiencing an exciting period of growth and change.
The Cost Accountant/ Analyst will work closely with the Financial Controller and will play a pivotal role in reviewing and analysing costs, to support decision-making processes.
Main responsibilities include:
- The management and control of costs, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Calculation of standard costs and annual budget preparation, implementation of site targets and overhead management.
- Analysis and management of cost performance, including: labour costs and raw materials.
- Assisting key business stakeholders, applying accurate costing data to validate decision making.
- Analysing audit costs and preparing reports.
- Identifying cost savings on material purchase value and quantum usage
- Maintaining cost accounting system.
- Assisting in month end close of the general ledger.
The ideal candidate will have relevant Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment or FMCG environment. You must be studying towards CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification. Strong cost systems background is key to succeed in this role as well as good communication skills and ability to build relationships within and outside of the finance team. If this is of interest to you please don't hesitate in applying.