Credit Control Manager - 12m FTC
up to 50,000 + great benefits & 10% bonus
Hybrid Working (2 days pw office)
IMMEDIATE START / WITHIN 2 WEEKS
We are looking for a Credit Controller for a maternity cover contract. You will manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable function. The role will involve a high level of attention to detail and people management; as you will have 3 direct reports as well as exposure to key internal stakeholders in the business.
In this role you'll get to:
Work across AP & AR looking after the following responsibilities:
- Manage supplier and banking queries/relationships
- Detailed review of the mid-month and end of month payment runs
- Critically reviewing the accounts payable control environment, and working to develop and implement robust controls, policies and processes
- Taking full ownership of the accounts payable process including maintenance and accuracy of the payable ledgers
- Managing the monthly close of accounts payable and supporting the accounting team with reporting and analysis
- Support the ESG project, providing data on utilities and staff travel monthly.
- Final PO approvals, checking coding against the budget.
- Monitor expense approvals and workflows.
- Posting receipts and ensuring cash allocations are completed and reviewed daily for accuracy whilst reconciling complex customer accounts
- Daily invoicing and monthly statement distribution to customers, including monitoring customer portals
- Work with the commercial team, senior management and US team to reduce debtor days and increase cash collections, as well as escalating any credit limit and non-payment issues
- Conducting credit checks for new customers in a timely manner, whilst monitoring financial risk performance on top customers
- Work closely with our warehouse to dispute any stock shortages and other deductions from customers.
- Producing daily and weekly debtor/cash reporting with supportive narrative
- Managing the monthly close of accounts receivable and responsible for the reporting and analysis
- Ensuring all accounts have been fully invoiced by the end of the month.
- Pricing updates for customers.
- Overseeing the bank reconciliations for accuracy.
- Team Management.
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end audit file and liaison with auditors relating to the AP and AR ledgers
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and effectiveness of the finance function
- Business partnering with key contacts in the departments; ensuring team deliver first class service reflective of different wants and needs
- Ad hoc queries from the business
- Support with any tax queries and submissions in both UK and US.
What we are looking for in you:
- Previous experience credit control is a must have
- Enthusiastic and Experienced individual
- Strong experience with debtors books and credit control
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple currencies.
- Accounts payable experience.
- A good level of MS Excel and Outlook Skills.
- Well organised and has the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Works with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with managing a team and good interpersonal skills