Investigo are exclusively partnering with a retail business based in Milton Keynes looking to appoint a Credit Controller on a 6 month fixed term contract.
In the position of Credit Controller Milton Keynes you will support the Finance Manager with the implementation of a new income stream and the day to day management of cash receipts, credit insurance reporting and debtor management working alongside the sales team. Key duties to include:
- Debtors ledger management - chasing of outstanding debtor balances and collecting incoming cash to appropriate levels whilst maintaining good customer relationships. Ensure cash greater than 60 days is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Debtors ledger administration and maintenance including adjustments, queries, write offs, downloading documents from customer portals, posting and allocating cash and new account set ups.
- Weekly reporting of the new income stream implementation programme to senior management.
- Create and submit sales invoice uploads and statement runs to customers, thoroughly checking for accuracy and coding appropriately, includes Retail billing.
- Forecast incoming payments to assist with the management of cash flows.
- Credit Insurance Reporting is carried out promptly, update the accounting system and keep the sales teams abreast of changes from the Insurer in a timely manner.
- Assist with quarterly loan facility audits and annual statutory audits.
- Raising manual invoices and credit notes, liaising with the appropriate teams.
- Monitor and respond to the Credit Control and Finance inboxes.
- Assist with month end reporting and reconciliations (including debtor related balance sheet recs and sales reconciliations).
The successful candidate will need to have previous B2B credit control experience
Excellent communication is paramount as you will engage with both internal/ external stake holders
Ideally retail knowledge and understanding of UK VAT
Ability to work well under pressure in as fast paced environment working on a multitude of small but important projects
£25,000 to £28,000 plus benefits (initial 6 month contract but could extend)