Business and Data Analyst
My client has an exciting opportunity for an individual with significant data analysis skills in combination with effective interpersonal skills. You will be working in a project team, and will liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, from colleagues as key customers of reporting, contacts at the third party, project teams and IT development teams.
The role will be working on the onboarding of a new panel member, to validate and test the data fed into their MI systems and deliver downstream reporting to the business.
In this role you'll need to develop and execute test scripting to verify keyed data against the transformed data we interrogate and demonstrate understanding and analysis of the data to support future transition of reporting into our strategic tooling of EDH.
Following the authorised design and governance of the operating model for Data Systems and Change, you will design, develop, and document the required SAS reports to support key financial and accounting processes.
Key Skills and Experience
- Advanced SAS technical skills including SAS EG, Base SAS, Macro SAS and SQL.
- Experience of working with Oracle, SQL Server and DB2Cloud database technology
- Strong Analytical skills, able to scrutinise complex code and interrogate large datasets to come to logical conclusions
- Familiarity with EDI file format and/or developing new data warehousing platform
- Experience of creating and executing test scripts to confirm business requirements are met or achievable through data provided.
- Understanding of developing in a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and writing associated documentation
- Proactively develops and maintains customer relationships in order to meet current and future business needs
- Knowledge of General Insurance
A motivated self-starter and problem solver, with ability to determine solutions and proactively drive tasks and responsibilities
Can establish and build relationships with customers and key partners, both technical and non-technical, to identify business requirements and provide appropriate support and guidance
Have the confidence to constructively challenge decisions when relevant