Project Manager // Data Centre //Migration // Infrastructure // London Market // Insurance // £700 inside IR35 // 12 month contract
Contract // London // Flexible Working
A London Market Insurance client has a requirement for a Project Manager with Data Centre Migration experience to join their London based team for a 12 month contract.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible, on behalf of the Project Sponsor, for delivering the Data Centre Refresh & Disaster Recovery Programme.
- The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme and management of inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
- The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum and is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme.
- Responsible for planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring it's progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards.
- Managing the programme's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to programme.
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements.
- Ensuring there is allocation of resources and skills within the programme.
- Managing third party contributions to the programme.
- Managing communications with all stakeholders.
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome.
- Working with the Head of IT Change on the transition to BAU/Service.
- Initiating additional activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Project Sponsor and Key Stakeholders
The candidate will have a proven track record and exposure in the following technologies.
- Experience of managing a Datacentre migration and of Colocation Service Providers
- Background in Infrastructure projects and management of technical resources and provider
- Experience of delivering Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions
- Experience of delivering Backup as a Service (BaaS) solutions
- Experience of Cloud Services and delivery models