My consulting client are looking for an experienced Data Engineering Lead with excellent communication skills to join and lead a new Azure Platform build with a typical Azure tech stack. Ex-consulting background would be highly beneficial for this role.
The key part of his role will be the initial data assessment and engagement with senior stakeholders to help re-design the platform; the role will not be 'hands-on' but we'd expect you to come from a Data Engineering background who has progressed into leadership and managerial positions.
- Strong Data Engineering background, specifically within Azure
- Fairly typical Azure tech stack with Azure DF and Databricks
- Data platform lead, CI/CD automation, automated testing and code quality.
- Hands on approach to solutions definition and development (able to code yourself if/as needed)
- Support our transition from on-premise solutions to our cloud first strategy (Azure based)
- Acquiring and transferring domain expertise, ensuring a smooth transition of knowledge.
- Ensuring continuity of key projects between incumbent team members and future team members.
- Delivery of in-flight strategic initiatives and prioritisation of tactical priorities
This is an immediate vacancy, remote and then London based, outside IR35.