Banking client (FS experience not required)
Data Privacy Consultant
6 months initially (view to extend another 6-12 months)
Inside IR35 - Umbrella route (No LTD Cos / PSCs)
The Data Privacy Consultant role sits within the Information Security/Cyber Security area of the bank.
The role carries a max candidate pay rate of £550-585. The manager has requested suppliers be as competitive as possible with this whilst maintaining the quality of candidates submitted.
There will be a large number of suppliers working on this role, so please be cautious of duplications.
My client are looking for a pragmatic Data Privacy Consultant who can discover where privacy impact assessments are needed and work with Programme Managers to deliver them, using Agile methodology.
A data privacy professional is required to provide subject matter consultancy and support to a wide ranging and high profile business led programme of work.
Reporting into a 1st Line of Defence data governance function, you will work with key contacts across the program to ensure privacy by design is achieved. Key duties include:
- Support project managers with the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments in line with company processes to ensure programme solutions are delivered in line with relevant standards and regulation with appropriate risks identified and treated / accepted.
- Attend regular project meetings to provide data privacy input and steer.
- Identify any gaps in the program that are not being adequately assessed for privacy risk and work with relevant program resource to bring them into scope.
- Perform data privacy due diligence of third party data processors that are on-boarded as part of the program.
- Support the Legal team in ensuring appropriate data privacy provisions are included within the contract with any new third party data processors.
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders that can be understood both by subject matter experts and business leaders.
- Support the business in updating the Record of Processing where applicable following any significant business change.
The role will be supporting a wide ranging program that will require skills across all aspects of data privacy.
- Detailed working knowledge of the GDPR and data protection principles
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Pragmatic approach to helping the business with data privacy solutions
- Ability to translate technical regulatory information into tangible business requirements
- Excellent communication and relationship management
- Experience in Financial Services preferable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of how GDPR relates to individuals in Small to Medium Businesses