Data / Technical Analyst - Education
2 x contract openings
6 months initially
Up to £360pd
(No PSCs/Limited Companies permitted to work with this client)
- We will only be considering candidates with notice periods of no more than 2 weeks due to the speed in which the business need these individuals to start.
Technical and Statistical Intelligence Team
My leading education client are looking for 2 x data / technical analysts to join their existing team (c10 people).
The work involves sensitive data in results information, and involves working with large data sets. Some experience of Python or R would be highly beneficial, however a background in MS Office (in particular Excel & formulas) is manageable.
As agreed and directed by the Head of TSI, the Technical Analyst will:
- Support the TSI team with all aspects of data and statistical analyses, modelling, and in particular, the provision of awarding data, as required;
- undertake the analyses of examination data including statistical and psychometric analyses of outcomes and performance.
- Translate and present data in a meaningful way for use in both awarding qualifications and in post-results monitoring reports.
- Assist with the production and disseminating of data to external stakeholders.
- work closely with colleagues as necessary, to ensure effective communication, co-operation and implementation of Pearson policy and planning
- ensure that all analyses are completed to schedule and to a high quality, taking responsibility for aspects of the management of projects, as agreed.
- manage the production of awarding statistics for GCSE, AS/A level, BTEC and International and any other qualifications and associated post-examination evaluation analyses.
- contribute to the discussion on the assessment methodologies and examination structures to ensure that information needs are met.