A non-ministerial government department are looking for a DDaT Resource and Demand Manager on a FTC contract which will be based remotely for the foreseeable.
You must have CMAP, a digital background and have Planning and Project Management experience.
Here are some more details about the role:
- Robustly manage processes to evaluate and allocate requests into the digital production workstack based on alignment of business priorities, expected business benefit and available resource capacity.
- Facilitate the review of all briefs & requests submitted in our work management tool (CMAP) to identify issues, risks, duplicated/similar requests, and make recommendations to the final output
- Manage fortnightly BAU development sprint planning sessions
- Work effectively with partners, agencies when they are brought into deliver projects
- Lead FP&A and rolling Capex outlook for the DDaT Demand portfolio and provide insight on the output measures associated with current and future delivery; hold a direct link with the Digital Governance or PDB Board where this will be reported
- Creation and management of DDaT portfolio management framework
- Digital, Data, and Technology demand and resource management (including implementation of tools, and techniques across the directorate, with a view to rolling it out to the wider organisation)
- Periodic analysis, reporting & data to support DDaT decision making and prioritisation
- Implementation and maintenance of self-service reporting mechanisms
- Creation and institutionalisation of standards across DDaT and across all technical delivery
- Has established resource and demand for flexible resource pooling, cross functional teams
- Degree/Masters or equivalent experience in a technical discipline
- Strong background of managing technical portfolios, including demonstrable knowledge of portfolio definition and portfolio delivery stages
- Ability to challenge and think strategically with the experience of blending technical, operational and commercial considerations when making decisions
- Experience of managing successfully the tension/conflicts between demand and capex availability, taking an acceptable level of risk where appropriate to prioritise investments and maximise multi-year value
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles and financial information as well as the internal trading, and prioritisation model for capital
- Deep understanding of the IT build & run lifecycle across Technology and external vendors; as well as the underlying apps and infrastructure.
- Excellent communicator capable of engaging and influencing leaders including senior management across an organisation
- Project or Programme Management professional
- Agile environment experience
- Experience in technical project delivery
Please send me your CV ASAP if you are suitable for this position.