Investigo have exclusively partnered with a leading retail business in St. Albans to recruit for a Deputy Payroll Manager to join their busy finance team.
The purpose of this role is to ensure accurate & timely processing of monthly and weekly payroll- to respond to the payroll operations queries & ensure full compliance with data protection and GDPR at all times. You will also be supporting the HR team with various Hr admin. The ideal candidate would have construction experience & be Confident in manual processing of payroll from start to finish. The role is paying between £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
- Assist in preparing the weekly payroll & liaising with all levels of employees
- Assisting the Payroll Manager in all responsibilities
- Complying with payroll timescales & policies at all times
- Dealing with all payroll queries from employees & contractors
- Working high volumes
- Being responsible for one direct report
- Supporting HR with any Contracts, starters & leavers & ad hoc administration
The Ideal Candidate:-
- Being confident in manual processing of payroll from start to finish
- Previously worked in high volumes
- Strong computer skills- including excel
- Can work under pressure and the ability to work independently & deliver strong results