Global, research-based pharmaceutical company focused on biologic-based therapeutics.
Associate Director/Director, Immunology Discovery (title dependent on experience)
The Associate Director/Director of Immunology Discovery will join the effort to drive Immunology target discovery. He/She will be responsible for building the Immunology pipeline with two specific indications: lupus and IBD.
- Provide scientific leadership in Immunology new target discovery and development.
- Recruit and lead a research team to drive Immunology projects: identify and propose potential targets, generate target hypothesis, build data package, and evaluate potential therapeutics.
- Collaborate with internal functional teams and external experts as appropriate to develop scientific strategy for novel target identification.
- Propose and develop innovative methodologies and technologies for project development.
- PhD (and/or MD) in a relevant, scientific field
- Experience in Immunology drug discovery and development
- First-hand experience with new target identification and validation, model development
- Ability to drive and influence projects from discovery through early clinical development
- Experience managing a group of scientists to drive projects
- Experience working with lupus, CLE, SLE, or IBD (Crohn's or UC) would be beneficial
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.