MIT start-up streamlining the engineering of a wide array of human and human-derived cells for use in next generation cell therapies.
Director of Biology - full-time, permanent
This individual will be responsible for direction and oversight of the scientific efforts and team. This person will lead and manage biology research and development and work in coordination with all internal and external personnel and resources required to realize the company's goals. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of research scientists
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Biology team in specific areas of interest, including delivery of molecules to HSCs and immune cells
- Provide guidance and mentorship in performing ex vivo/in vitro cellular assays with an emphasis on flowcytometry and ELISA
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field with a minimum 8 years of industry experience in a biotech/pharma or diagnostic company
- At least 2 years of experience managing a technical team
- Experience working with human HSC and/or immune cell biology, including ex vivo culture and genetic manipulation, viral and non-viral biomolecule delivery, and in vivo animal studies
- Experience in standard processing techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry, immunological assays, and cell culture
- Familiarity with gene editing via current technologies (e.g. CRISPR, TALENs), including the ability to perform CRISPR screens with downstream functional assays
- Experience with leveraging high throughput screening for drug discovery and development
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.