A leading multinational SaaS Technology group based in London is currently recruiting for a Director of Financial Internal Controls. The role will be responsible for identify weakness in process and controls and to utilise Technology solutions such as Alteryx etc to help rectify these weakness and mitigate the risks. The role will have C-suite exposure and will support Sales, Commercial, Technology and the rest of the organisation.
- This role in Finance is to support in embedding and monitoring an efficient, practical, sustainable, and compliant internal financial control framework.
- Working with Finance and non-Finance stakeholders across the business to design, embed and effectively operate financial controls, as well as driving continuous improvement in finance processes and controls e.g. through automation, simplification, and standardisation
- Develop an internal control framework strategy and requirements by interpreting any new legislation / regulation and continuous consultation with 3rd parties on best practice e.g. Big four accounting firms and FTSE peer organisations
- Design and govern a risk and control matrix (RACM)
- Govern 'top down' risk assessment and scoping activities to identify 'in scope' financial accounts, disclosures, processes, geographies, FinOps SSCs, IT systems and 3rd party service organisations
- Design and deliver the annual fraud risk assessment performed in conjunction with the Risk team (2nd line of defence)
- Identify and action opportunities for process and control automation
- Adhoc Projects
The successful candidate will ideally;
- Be a fully qualified Accountant with in-depth knowledge and understanding of SOX compliance requirements, risk management and internal control frameworks (e.g. COSO), and auditing standards / expectations
- Ability to work in a large complex organisation
- A proven team leader, with the ability to think independently, take decisions and work in a collaborative way with Finance and cross functional colleagues
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
If interested in this opportunity, please contact Andy Young on 07711373314