Start-up biotech company focused on the discovery and development of therapeutics for the treatment of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and kidney disease disorders.
Greater Cambridge, MA area
Director of Operations - full-time, permanent
The Director of Operations will support the infrastructure and necessary business elements as the company evolves and grows. Other responsibilities include:
- Planning and reviewing operations and capital budgets
- Providing annual financial forecasts to control R&D cash burn rate
- Manage infrastructure, including lab operations, facilities, IT, corporate communications, the company website, security, vendor management, etc.
- Working with external and internal resources to manage contracts and intellectual property
- Developing policies, SOPs, and regulations for internal governance and business compliance
- Regular evaluation of the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and application of improvements as necessary
- Maintain lab inventory and equipment purchasing
- MUST have biotech start-up experience with a knowledge of finance and accounting
- Experience with research management and legal processes
- Broad operational experience
- Minimum BS degree in a relevant field plus 10+ years of working experience. MS/PhD plus experience in a decision-making role would be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.