Start-up AAV gene therapy company
Director/Sr. Director, Pre-clinical Development
The Director, Pre-clinical Development will be instrumental in moving forward the pre-clinical work for a company engineering a novel class of gene therapies. This individual will be expected to provide scientiﬁc expertise and leadership across the portfolio of therapeutic programs by contributing to the safety assessment of novel therapeutics intended for the treatment of diseases in the area of neuromuscular and CNS areas.
The candidate should possess an in-depth understanding of safety pharmacology, investigative and regulatory toxicology, and have experience designing and critically evaluating results of exploratory and GLP-compliant toxicology studies in rodents and NHPs.
- PhD in Biology, Toxicology or related field
- Experience in developing gene therapy product (AAV-mediated therapy) is highly desirable
- Board certiﬁcation in toxicology is desirable
- Relevant experience (7+-years) in preclinical safety assessment of novel therapeutic entities
- Knowledge of GLP compliance and relevant ICH & FDA guidance documents
- Ability to work well with external CROs and collaborators with professionalism and discretion
- Ability to travel to monitor out-sourced studies
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now to be contacted with further details. This is not a fully remote role.