Our client is a multi-national entertainment business listed in the US. With a broad portfolio of media assets, they are a globally recognisable brand. With their EMEA HQ located here in London, you are in the heart of the action, with modern offices and great company perks.
This role is a maternity cover for a 12 month contract, taking ownership of the EMEA finance function reporting into the EMEA Finance Director. The reporting for the role goes to the Group office in the US and is done under US GAAP, with SOX compliance critical.
The EMEA Financial Controller will oversee the EMEA entities, drive financial performance, improve the current processes and be the go to person in finance for senior stakeholders.
- Own the financial function for the EMEA region, ensuring reporting is done to Group's standards and all legal obligations are met.
- Work closely with US HQ and the regional finance directors to challenge assumptions and the reports, ensuring all controls and processes are met.
- Complete the statutory reports in a timely fashion.
- Lead the financial accounting and management reporting team, including liasing with the offshore shared service centre for the transactional finance. (20 reports in total, 6 direct reports)
- Work as part of the Senior EMEA leadership team providing support towards meeting the business plan.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly & annual reporting, tax and internal control packages to the US HQ.
- Business partner with the EMEA FP&A team, assisting with the budgeting & forecasting processes.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 7-10 years of post-qualified experience.
- Background from Big 4 Audit viewed very favourably.
- Proven experience of working at a group and divisional finance level.
- Strong knowledge of US GAP & SOX, form a listed company perspective.
- Experience of using ERP systems and consolidation tools (SAP & HFM).
- Advanced excel skills.
- Demonstrable experience leading a large finance function.
- Previous experience in the Media/Entertainment space viewed very favourably.
- Available for a January/February start with the right-to-work in the UK.
What's on Offer?
A competitive package with a basic salary of £90-110k dependent on experience. The package includes the following benefits;
- Private Medical & Dental
- 26 days of holiday + the bank holidays
- Pension scheme - double matched up-to 5%