Energy Manager, Property - London
A technology retail business with a substantial UK footprint has placed energy management & carbon consumption at the top of their agenda. As a result, they are looking to hire an Energy Manager within their Property & Facilities team to bring a specific focus on reducing their energy consumption across a largescale mixed commercial portfolio.
- Work with the Head of FM and SMT to understand the corporate strategy
- Oversee an Energy Opex of over £20m and look to reduce this expenditure
- Manage the Utilities spend for the UK and Eire, reporting to a Senior Management/Exc level as required.
- Lead actual delivery of specific energy management projects, working with Facilities Manager and the FM service provider to ensure accurate data collection and report billing. Advise other international group businesses on Energy Management.
- Responsible for UK and Eire Energy Management and Legislative compliance including Managing ISO50001 implementation, ESOS, CRC, CDP and MGHG
- Ability to work with on-site teams and stakeholders to understand behaviours and work processes that could be improved to reduce energy costs
- Manage all utilities contracts including procurement, Renewal and Purchasing strategy in Line with Group requirements with a total spend of £25m PA.
- Manage the bill validation processes and suppliers.
- Deliver Annual Capex energy improvement projects of Circa up to £1m annually.
- Worked within a Facilities function with a strong hand on energy management processes
- Experience in energy management sector is vital
- Experience of implementing ISO50001 Energy Management Systems highly desirable
- Excellent understanding of energy/renewable technologies and application use
- Good active network in energy reducing field
- Expert understanding of CRC legislation requirements