Investigo's key client is currently looking for an experienced Enterprise Architect to join an existing team on a major applications transformation programme. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategy, you will be tasked with defining and delivering the technology strategy and roadmap to grow the organisation and the executive team recognise the criticality applications day to day operations as well as its potential as a lever for added features, differentiation and margin development
- Gain an in depth understanding of the company's business direction, drivers and priorities and use this context to underpin recommendations on overall technology strategy, architecture and governance and its applicability to the business
- Work with the Head of Strategy and Architecture and other members of the team to define target enterprise architecture (based on key common, cross-market platforms) to deliver the desired business outcomes, reduce risk and drive efficiency, ensuring that all associated principles, models and standards are well defined, effectively maintained and evolve at the appropriate
- Develop architectural roadmaps and specific business areas. The role has the long-term strategic responsibility for IT systems, including vendor and technology selection. This is put into action not only through the definition of roadmaps but also through the active engagement in delivery projects.
- Designing architectural solutions that encompass and balance business and technology components with the most appropriate roadmap and implementation plan
- Ensuring the delivery teams and partners understand and deliver the designed solutions and architectures. Investigating and making recommendations on Architecture decisions concerning architecture requirements raised by stakeholders such as delivery projects
- Driving the group wide architecture board and maintaining the necessary governance mechanisms for good IT architectural design and implementation. This includes ensuring that a given technical solution is adequate in the total Enterprise portfolio and fit for purpose and that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other, identify design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as an Enterprise Architect or Enterprise Solution Architect in an organisation.
- Strong experience in applications across ERP, E-commerce, CRM is a must.
- Leading business and technical teams (e.g. business analysts, SMEs, technology architects) and the early stages of a project to complete the scoping and high-level design phases
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of a customer's technology organization: CFO/CIO to business manager to port operator
- Experience working in logistic organisation is a plus
- Experience working and setting up practices for agile architecture practices, including knowledge / qualification on agile and lean architectural frameworks.
- Experience in setting up / using architectural tools
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise solutions and large operational platforms
- Knowledge of process automation, user experience, and workflow is a plus.
- Thrive in the unknown: creatively solve problems with limited input and resources in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Experience in leading transformational initiatives that are company-wide