Enterprise Solution Architect - £100k - Flexible location
My client are looking for an Enterprise Solution Architect will define the enterprise standards that all Solution Architects will need to adopt in, providing guidance and mentoring as appropriate in matrix management style.
Work closely with the business and IT teams in the scoping and definition of the project/programmes to deliver the roadmaps, designing architectural solutions that will deliver the expected benefits.
Provide direction to peers on the architecture and technology platforms to use for programmes and projects which they deliver including the architectural approaches that their development teams must adopt. As programmes are defined realised and delivered, audit implementations to ensure adherence with design principles and completion of required documentation. Coach colleagues and promote continuous improvement to ensure ever higher quality deliveries with fewer design or build defects.
Additionally as part of the Enterprise Architecture team the ESA will contribute to the set-up of the Strategy and Architecture function which will include activities such as: governance; development of architectural roadmaps, landscapes and assessments; ensuring and overseeing the wok of solution architects in the EA tool, developing business relationships and effectively communicating the work and value to the Architecture team.
Work closely with and influence key stakeholders across the organisation and provide architectural leadership and direction (business and technical architecture).
Develop suitable architecture roadmaps for implementation, focused on application rationalisation, enablement of the Technology strategy.
- Leading business and technical teams (e.g. business analysts, SMEs, technology architects) and the early stages of a project to complete the scoping and high-level design phases
- Using leadership skills to develop and motivate people, including senior managers and executive members
- Must be comfortable across all architecture domains and specialise in at least one.
- A deep knowledge of the technologies you have worked with and an appreciation of or exposure to emerging technologies and architectural trends, including, for example: cloud technologies, Microservices vs Packaged Solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of a customer's technology organization: CFO/CIO to business manager to port operator
- Inquisitive mind, endless curiosity and passion for learning about customers, industries and new approaches to doing things. How end users perform their jobs. Industry challenges and solutions
- Evidence of strong technology skills and knowledge across business and technology architecture, digital solutions design and delivery
- Experience working and setting up practices for agile architecture practices, including knowledge / qualification on agile and lean architectural frameworks.
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise solutions and large operational platforms
- Knowledge of process automation, user experience, and workflow is a plus.
- SAP experience / knowledge is a huge plus
- Experience in or knowledge of cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS), data environments