Global biopharmaceutical company with a focus on rare diseases.
Greater North San Francisco Bay area
Executive Director, Pharmacological Sciences - Full-time, Permanent
The Executive Director of Pharmacological Sciences will lead the Pharmacological Sciences Department within the Translational Sciences Division. This person will be responsible for the oversight of toxicology, safety and large animal pharmacology studies needed to support the development of gene therapies, biologics, small molecules, and anti-sense oligonucleotides.
This individual will lead a group of Scientists and provide non-clinical safety and pharmacology strategies to support development of drug candidates.
- PhD in Toxicology or a closely related field of study
- At least 12 years of toxicology experience in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology filed including oversight of GLP studies
- Multiple IND/CTA submissions for small molecules and biologics and experience with NDA/BLA/MAA submissions.
- Deep expertise with interpretation and application of guidances and ICH standards.
- Strong understanding of FDA and OECD Good Laboratory Practices.
- Board Certification in Toxicology and/or Veterinarian (D.V.M.) with Board Certification in Pathology
If you meet the requirements above and would like to learn more about this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.