My client, as well know hospitality brand are looking for a Finance Analyst to join them on an initial 6 month basis.
This role reports is a key part of the delivery of accounting services in the business. The role is responsible for a range of activities related to property accounting across our global estate. It will involve working in a fast-paced environment which includes IFRS16 reporting, execution of period end accounting entries, supporting audit process and finance transformation, primarily the implementation of new IFRS16 software.
This role will suit someone who is highly analytical, a self-starter who is happy to roll up their sleeves, loves food and retail, and is excited to work at a fast pace, high growth retailer.
- Responsible for taking the lead on reviewing the rent, service charge and insurance payable for retail stores
- Review and ensure all leases are accounted for correctly, verifying Property team data back to lease documentation.
- Assist with period end closing activities and prepare property related reports for management
- Support the development of a robust control environment by continuously identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes and support implementation of these changes.
- Support other Finance Transformation Workstream leads including Fixed Assets.
- Contribute to process excellence by identifying improvement opportunities to make the process leaner and more effective
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required.
- Strong technical background with experience in large organisations applying IFRS is desired, with detailed understanding of IFRS16
- Part qualified i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- At least 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in management accounting is required
- NetSuite and retail industry experience preferred
- Strong communication skills