Finance Analyst - Quant Trading Firm - up to €80,000 - London / Paris based
A leading quant trading firm is currently looking to hire a French-speaking accountant, to be based permanently in their Paris office and looking after the French entity.
The role will initially be based in London for the first 12 months, or with time split across London and Paris before becoming based in Paris full time.
A leading financial technology firm, the firm partners with clients across the financial markets and employs a range of engineers, developers and traders to deliver state-of-the-art technology and research to drive prop trading strategies.
A small firm with a strong collaborative culture, you will be part of a highly successful and ambitious group with a highly innovative and growth-focused mindset.
The business is diverse, attracting outstanding talent from a range of industry backgrounds. Focused on teamwork and with non-hierarchical structure, everyone is valued and strives for excellence in everything they do.
- Provide local accounting expertise for the French entity of the group, and play a key role in Finance-wide objectives across the global function.
- Act as the legal entity controller for the French trading entity
- Responsible for key prudential documents including ICARA (ILAAP / ICAAP) and recovery plans
- Be a subject mater expert in French GAAP and have full responsibility for monthly IFRS and French GAAP financials as well as yearly financial statements and quarterly regulatory returns (RUBA and IFR)
- Support Head of Tax with local tax filings and advice
- Support with treasury management processes as well as preparation of regulatory returns for UK and EU.
- Design work-flows and processes that ensure scalability and accuracy of reporting.
- Enhance existing processes and leverage automation and technology wherever possible.
- Manage month end close for France entity
- Commercial and operational support to the Head of the Paris Office.
You will have experience of owning monthly close as well as internal and external reporting cycles. A proven knowledge of French GAAP as well as IFRS will be key, and a working knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
Essential that you are a fluent French and English speaker as you will work very closely with both offices and deal with stakeholders who frequently speak both languages.
Experience of working with large data sets will be key, with an ability to manipulate and automate advanced spreadsheets and systems, eg SQL or similar.
You'll be comfortable with travel, especially during the first 12 months where you'll be required to spend time across both the London and Paris offices frequently.
What's on offer:
The business has a fantastic reputation for developing people, and giving you the opportunity to build a broad set of skills across a range of areas. At the forefront of their sector, the business is in a hugely sought after space in what is a lucrative industry.
They are offering a flexible working approach with a focus on well-being including onsite gym, sauna and fitness classes free to use plus extensive medical benefits.
Very competitive salary on offer with a generous bonus and holiday package.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a tech-focused quant trading firm in a career defining role
For more information, get in touch or apply now to be considered