A great opportunity has arisen for an immediately available assistant management accountant to join this large company in a critical role supporting the project here. They are looking for someone initially on a 6 month contract to support with all month end procedures, including management accounting, analysis and reporting. There is scope for this role to go permanent for the right candidate on a new project.
- Assistance in the timely production of monthly Management Accounts pack and agreeing expenditure with client
- Cost analysis and reports, and consolidating for year end audit
- Bank Reconciliations
- Raising invoices and ensuring they are in line with company policy, chasing overdue invoices
- Control and analysis of contract spend and commitments, producing the back up documentation for the application for payment, journaling the costs for labour and vehicles
- Business partnering with site teams, operational manager and quantity surveyors
- Review / control & police that all the company's financial processes and procedures are being adhered to e.g. tender sign off, purchase orders, client billing, employee expenses,…
- Ad hoc involvement in ongoing development / implementation of business / financial systems
The successful candidate will have experience of reconciliations and some exposure to management accounting, and be proactive with a keen interest to learn and develop. They will need to be able to pick things up quickly and have the ability to work independently and communicate across all levels of a business.