Investigo are delighted to be exclusively partnering with a Milton Keynes based client who are on a fast growth trajectory, and are now looking to add a Finance Business Partner to their team, on a permanent basis.
Through confident business partnering, this individual builds strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business to enable close understanding of business performance and to drive improvement.
The overall purpose of this role is to:
- Manage the relationships and information requirements with key stakeholders across one of the business revenue streams - Residential/Commercial/Network
- Support the Planning and Performance Manager to consolidate planning and forecasts, as well as providing variance analysis of performance.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will be expected to be the go-to person for understanding the financials of the revenue / cost stream(s) for which you are responsible. This role is primarily a planning and performance role, together with some core accounting responsibilities to ensure consistency in our reporting.
- Responsibility for the reporting and analysis of specific P&L / revenue stream
- Ensuring that all revenue and costs in relation to the revenue stream are adequately reflected
- Work with business stakeholders to identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for the revenue stream
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts to meet parent company reporting timetable of 6 days
- Analysing variances from budget and forecast
- Supporting the P&P Manager with preparation of budgets and rolling forecasts
- Production and analysis of operational & financial KPIs
- Support in financial investment evaluation
- The successful candidate will have the breadth of skills to build strong relationships across the organisation at all levels.
- The successful candidate will work with the Planning and Performance manager, CFO and Group Controller to deliver high quality finance business partnering to the business stakeholders
- Key relationships will be with the wider finance team and business stakeholders relevant to the revenue stream. In addition there will be a need to build strong relationships with the broader parent group investment teams.
Knowledge & Experience
- A commercially minded financial analyst with experience of leading business level P&L planning activity. Experience of working at both detailed and higher level simultaneously.
- Can demonstrate significant strategic thinking and the ability to create insights from data analysis and challenge the status quo.
- Comfortable with the mechanics of accounting and managing the transactional processes. Extremely competent in using Excel to produce financial models, forecasts and budgets, and experience in SAP an advantage.
- Financially astute, able to quickly recognise opportunities and vulnerabilities in financial model.
- Confident in discussing matters with colleagues at all levels.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast growing market, and the successful candidate will be a professionally qualified individual who can demonstrate extensive business partnering experience.
Our Client is offering a salary of £55,000 - £62,000 + Benefits