This opportunity offers the chance to work with a private equity backed business in Uxbridge who are UK market leaders in their field, with exciting growth aspirations for the near future. Currently seeking opportunities for acquisitions across the globe as they look to step into the international market, and you can be part of their journey. There are some excellent people are on board who are driving the business forward, and looking to grow the finance team with dynamic and ambitious individuals who are keen to influence and be part of a progressing business.
This role itself is a full-time, cross functional role reporting to the Business Performance Manager, supporting the business with analysis that leads to a better understanding of financials and leads to more informed decision making. You'll have great exposure across the business, with the opportunity to work across teams, getting to know all that is going on in the organisation and challenging teams on how they assess and improve their performance.
Key focus areas will be..
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Performance Reporting & Financial Analysis
- Finance support to branches and functional heads
- Commercial & Sales Support - Pricing, Bids & Tenders
- Other tasks including monthly management accounts analysis and commentary, ad-hoc projects and analysis, driving improvements to finance system and processes
Responsibilities will include..
- Reporting on the organisation's performance to the Board and Senior Management
- Assist the Group Finance Director and Business Performance Manager with the preparation of the Group's budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist the Group Finance Director and Financial Controller with the analysis of the monthly management accounts and reporting.
- Assist the Business Performance Manager with improving the profitability of the company via specific projects / initiatives.
- Visit branches to understand operational and commercial issues and provide support for them to better understand all aspects of their P&L.
- Provide relevant information to management including analysis of sales, pricing, cost of sales and overheads.
- Instrumental in creating forecasts for business cases, using statistical and analytical techniques to understand the key drivers towards achieving targets.
- Making sure that a focus on outcomes and performance are integrated into everything we do
We are looking for a dynamic candidate who has some experience working in the commercial side of finance, in either a FP&A or Business Partnering role. ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, preferably with a top tier accounting firm or equivalent. Should be used to and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a hands on approach, whilst being excellent communicator, capable technically and adept at influencing internal and external decision makers and stakeholders across all levels. Honesty and integrity will be key values, and expect to work closely with all parts of finance including the CFO and Finance Director.