Our Higher Education client is looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner to work in a small and friendly team. This is a new and exciting role for the right person, with significant opportunities for growth and development.
The post-holder should preferably be a qualified accountant (although they will consider part-qualified accountant or qualified by experience), analytical, have an eye for detail, enjoy working in a busy finance office and be an excellent communicator. Training and study leave, including to complete an accounting qualification, will be supported.
- Serve as the finance lead in developing, implementing and supporting finance systems and processes across the College, including for accommodation, catering and events.
- Partner with the academic office to issue and administer scholarships, prizes, bursaries, internships and other awards, as well as to be the finance lead on undergraduate and graduate events and initiatives.
- Ensure that the College's trust and restricted funds are appropriately managed and accounted for.
- Prepare and maintain financial projections, business models and cash flow forecasts to support decision making.
- Provide support to the College's Finance and Planning Committee and Investment Committee, including liaising with fund managers, preparing papers, taking minutes.
- Support the Bursar and Accountant to prepare financial projections and business models for potential new initiatives.
- Maintain monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Maintain and further develop the 10-year financial plan, producing scenarios to support decision making.
- A graduate or equivalent with an analytical mind and an eye for detail.
- Demonstrable relevant experience, preferably in the education/charity sector.
- Preferably qualified accountant, or equivalent; support will be provided for candidates looking to qualify.
- Proactive, flexible and a team player.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively.
- A willingness to learn new skills and become a full and active member of the Pembroke community.
- Highly competent user of Excel and good knowledge of other Microsoft Office packages.
- Familiarity of working with an accounting system and other database packages would be desirable.