Investigo are exclusively working with a research and development business based in Oxford. Our client is entering a very exciting growth period, are backed by a suite of world class investors and stakeholders and have raised a significant amount of funding. Due to this, they are looking to recruit a Finance Manager within their Finance team.
This is truly exciting and varied role that offers development and provides a platform to progress and stretch within the business.
The Finance Manager will provide support to both the Chief Financial Officer and the wider business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generate accurate and timely management accounts and commentary, delivering high quality management information to the CFO and to the board of directors
- Assist with preparation of judgemental elements of monthly management accounts and overall review of performance against forecast
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and follow up on open items to ensure timely and accurate record keeping
- Identify opportunities to innovate and streamline the work of the finance function
- Manage the year end audit process ensuring that key audit deliverables are prepared on time, liaising with the external audit team to resolve queries effectively
- Prepare the draft UK GAAP financial statements in line with all current disclosure requirements
- Support the CFO on any external reporting requirements, including for existing shareholders and potential investors
- Identify opportunities for implementing agile, yet appropriately robust, financial and operational processes.
Forecasting and budgeting
- Assist with the preparation of the Company's annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts, ensuring excellent stakeholder engagement across the business at each step
- Involve the business in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Introduce new structures and concepts into the architecture of the financial forecast models in order to react to the changing organisational landscape
- Liaise with third party suppliers as required to ensure the smooth running of an efficient procurement to payment process
The successful candidate will be fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) ideally with prior experience in a start-up environment. You will be confident and ambitious, with the capability to operate independently, problem solve, and identify and deliver improvements in an exciting and sometimes ambiguous environment. It is key that the person going into his role is able to use their financial experience in order to turn the goals of the business into a commercial reality.