This is a genuine temp-perm opportunity to work with an industry-leader to efficiently and accurately oversee the financial management of the business, including budgeting and forecasting, preparation of management accounts, cash flow management and auditing. The ideal candidate will be a capable business partner with fantastic commercial acumen and a background in reporting and control.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Use financial modelling to set out potential scenarios and present outcomes/proposals to non-finance stakeholders
- Proactively investigate and review opportunities to improve profit margins
- Provide key commercial insight to non-finance stakeholder driving an understanding of financial performance
- Co-ordinate both the annual budget and 5-year plan whilst developing/improving the budget and forecast modelling
- Consolidate and present periodic forecasting
- Financially appraise investment proposals
- Partner with sales & procurement teams to develop financially robust customer tenders which are aligned to the overall business strategy
- Develop and maintain key relationships with senior internal & external stakeholders
- Partner with key Senior Leadership Team members and become their Finance SME
- Be a key point of contact for group finance teams
- Take responsibility of month end and year end processes
- Ensure financial controls are monitored and in place
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities around systems and controls
- Ensure robust balance sheet control and reconciliation processes are in place and reviewed regularly
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualified experience
- Experience of an industry focused on gross margins, ideally FMCG
- Attention to detail and analytical skills. Accustomed to working with and interpreting data.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal and business partnering skills with the ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key stakeholders