Finance Manager (4 or 5 days a week)
£40k - £50k
Predominantly remote working
I'm currently recruiting for a Finance Manager role, which has the flexibility to be 4 or 5 days a week. This role is working for a Luxury Fashion and Interior Design Company, predominantly working from home. I am looking to speak to any part time or full time Finance Managers with extensive experience in managing a company's cash flow. You will ideally come from the Retail sector however there is flexibility. This is an incredible role within a rapidly expanding business and the chance to be a part of great change!
Working alongside the COO, you will be responsible for the company's entire finance function, this includes all transnational duties but ranges to P&L's, budgeting and forecasting for the entire business, managing the company's cash-flow and contribute toward financial decisions to help the business grow. We want to speak to candidates who have passion for the Fashion / Retail industry, that are motivated, driven and enthusiastic about being a part of amazing growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the COO with timely and accurate financial information.
- Manage the Accounts Assistant to ensure all AP and AR functions are met.
- Ensure financial efficiency and clarity so the business can make astute financial decisions and continue to grow.
- Be the key point of contact on financial and accounting matters.
- Work collaboratively with the COO on budgets and forecasts.
- Cashflow management and forecasting.
- Ensure all AP, AR (expense & invoice processing, payment runs, petty cash, credit control, Ecom sales) and record keeping is managed effectively and efficiently by the Accounts Assistant.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are met re. HMRC (VAT, PAYE, P11Ds, Annual Accounts)
- Ensure all production software syncs with Xero.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Manage the month-end process (bank recs, balance sheet recs).
- Ensure a clean and up-to-date intercompany function.
- Reconcile and analyse projects.
- Ensure accounts completeness in order to check-in with key budget holders on a monthly basis.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns.
- Administer monthly payroll process.
- Take an active role in the internal controls and processes within the finance function to optimise operational efficiency.
- Manage the process of the outsourced statutory account preparation.
- Support the COO with projects and tasks when required.
- Ad hoc functions as necessary.
- Support can be provided by an external accountancy firm for ad-hoc queries.
- Preferably qualified, part qualified or working towards certification.
- Must come from the Retail industry
- Experience with international VAT desirable
- Essential that you have experience in managing the entire cash flow process for the business
- Proven experience in budgeting and forecasting
- High attention to detail, organised and methodical.
- Familiarity with Xero and cloud-based efficiency and storage solutions.
- Self-starter, independent, dependable, efficient.