Investigo are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a growing Bolton based client to recruit a Finance Manager, on a permanent basis.
The role of Finance Manager will provide effective financial control and to provide timely and accurate management information, working in cooperation with others in the Finance team.
- Provide the monthly financial results to the Head of Reporting with comments on key variances to budget or forecast, if applicable and related action plans.
- Act as Business Partner for budget holders and senior managers, guiding them on commercial matters and promoting financial understanding.
- Consolidate, manipulate, and present data extracted from the various operating systems (accounting ledgers, payroll and HR system) to produce meaningful trends and influence business outcomes.
- Make sure financial KPIs are appropriate at all times for the individual sites / the division and ensure clear communication of these KPIs, highlighting key trends.
- Undertake any ad-hoc analysis as requested by the Head of Reporting, Finance Director or Group Finance.
Budget and Forecast:
- Issue instructions to the relevant operating units as regards the preparation of local budgets and forecasts ensuring Group instructions (deadline / required analysis) are achievable.
- Maintain a budget and forecast financial model to ensure consistency of data and process across all schools and homes, including inclusion of appropriate KPIs.
- Validate all individual sites budget submissions; prepare consolidated divisional budget and relevant supporting analysis and presentation.
Financial controls, processes and systems:
- Ensuring financial policies are adequate and appropriate for each school or home.
- Ensuring compliance with the authority matrix for operational expenditure / capital expenditure.
- Ensure that balance sheet account reconciliations are produced monthly and documented. Provide a monthly status report that identifies and reports any actions needed to be taken to the Head of Reporting.
- Facilitate the implementation of robust financial systems and the coordination of processes between the schools / homes and the Shared Service Centre.
- Make recommendation for further system improvements with a view of continually optimising processes.
- Incorporate new or acquired schools / homes promptly into core systems and procedures.
Statutory audit and tax compliance:
- Preparation and review of audit packs prior to submission to the auditors and Group Finance.
- Ensure compliance with tax rules, including compliance with specific instructions from Group Finance.
- Support the implementation of ad-hoc tax planning initiatives (led by the Group team).
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified individual with proven management accounting and financial accounting experience. They will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across the business, and whilst building excellent relationships. Experience of Access Dimensions and advanced Excel would be advantageous.
Our Client is offering a salary of £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits.