Investigo are delighted to be exclusively partnering with a well known Milton Keynes based Retail business who are looking to recruit a Finance Operations Manager, on a permanent basis.
The Finance Operations Manager will be expected to provide suppliers and customers (internal and external) with world-class service from the Finance Operations team, whilst operating in compliance with all relevant financial controls and statutory requirements. You will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, treasury including management of the asset-based finance facility, and accounting for stock purchases. It is the responsibility of the Finance Operations Manager to ensure that sales and operations teams have all the day to day financial support they need to maximise sales and profit. The role is a hybrid role, with an average of 2-3 days per week in the office, although at busy points (e.g. month end) this may be more and it will be up to you to lead the team through a working pattern that matches business needs.
- Planning and leading Finance Operations workload and priorities
- Look after day-to-day banking relationships, and ensure the smooth operation of all bank accounts in the UK and overseas
- Manage asset-based finance facility, including responsibility for submitting all reporting requirements to the bank and managing drawdowns and loan balances within covenants and minimising interest charges. Manage the quarterly AR and stock audit which supports the facility
- Ensure that the accounts receivable function is operated efficiently, and that credit control is effective and adding value. Manage credit insurance policy accordingly, and work closely with the global sales teams to ensure they can maximise sales whilst minimising business risk. Review of all new customer contracts
- Oversee the AP operation including invoice workflows, personal expenses reclaim and corporate credit card claims, and review and approve payments
- Oversee the reconciliation of all bank accounts and alternative payment methods (e.g. PayPal, Alipay, Klarna etc). Primary contact for all payment providers
- Management of forward currency contracts
- Stock accounting; ensure that the team values all stock correctly on landing in all locations including factory costs, freight, duty and other charges
- Review & approve VAT returns
- Submit other regulatory information as necessary, e.g. PPR, SECR etc
- Provide insightful reporting to the management team on all aspects of AR, AP, cash and goods in
- Audit management for AP/AR/banks/stock
- Manage efficient monthly close of all sub ledgers
- Review of all operational balance sheet recs
- Ensure all Finance requirements in place for new store rollouts
- Complete rollout and manage new corporate expense card
- Lead and develop the Finance Operations team; your direct reports include the Payables Manager, the Receivables Manager, and the stock accountant
The successful Candidate is likely to be a Professionally Qualified individual or QBE with extensive finance operations experience. They will be an exceptional communicator who can lead and develop a team effectively. The Finance Operations Manager will possess the ability to drive process improvement and show what "good looks like".
It would be advantageous if you had a background from within a Retail and/or Multi-Site business.
Our Client is offering a Salary of £65,000 - £75,000 + 10% Bonus + Pension + Benefits