The role is with a British multinational aviation services company operating across the globe, and leading global sustainability initiatives working toward net-zero carbon emissions. As Financial Accountant you will require the ability to deliver robust, accurate accounting for a range of UK-based head office companies working in conjunction with the Group Finance function in the US. This will cover the full cycle of activities from capture to statutory accounts compliance. They will also provide business partnering support for the central cost structure.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Preparation of 12 sets of audited stats for the central entities as well as another approx. 30 dormant stats
- Preparation of the company statutory reporting pack for inclusion in the consolidated accounts
- Primary liaison with the auditors of the above
- Performance of management accounting for a range of head office companies, primarily the former Plc Company. The accounting covers a wide range of cost activity but also a number of technical accounting areas
- Providing business partnering support for functions as required
- Liaising with the US BSC which deals with the majority of the transactional accounting for the entities
- Supporting ad-hoc projects undertaken by the organisation
- Intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliation support
The successful candidate will need to be an organised individual with strong communication skills (both verbal and written), initiative to solve problems and experience of ledger and financial systems management.
Looking for a qualified accountant with a strong background in financial reporting, preferably in multi-national PLC environment.
1 day a week in Luton, with a competitive salary + benefits.