In this role, you get to work in by far one of the most innovative businesses in Northamptonshire. (Easily commutable from Northampton, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Leicester, Banbury, Corby, Warwick, even from Bedford and Birmingham)
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for the financial accounting and control function, having full ownership of the monthly accounts and will be required to be onsite 2 days a week; responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the monthly account process, ensuring it is completed in line with the month end close process
- Own the balance sheet: prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensure that reconciliations are fully documented and supported, and present detail in finance team reviews.
- Work closely with the wider team to monitor, track and report capex spend.
- Ensure that cash books are written up daily / bank recs prepared weekly for all accounts.
- Prepare the Group VAT return and ensure the intrastat return is completed.
- Support the Head of Financial Control in ensuring treasury management is effective and in meeting bank compliance requirements (e.g., reporting / working capital audits).
- Prepare monthly Group consolidations for the parent company, also including the subsidiary company.
- Lead on ensuring final Trial Balance for year end is prepared and ready for audit and assist with preparation of statutory accounts (primary statements and disclosure notes). Take responsibility for the balance sheet external audit work and supporting information for corporation tax computations.
- Support effective finance system administration (e.g., ownership of accounting periods, years, transaction series, chart of accounts).
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvement and development particularly around the IFS finance system, challenging existing processes and ways of working, and work with the Financial Controller to implement improvements.
You will have several years of accounting experience and be either a qualified accountant or newly qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA). Industry experience is key. This role would also suit a second time mover.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills - articulate and able to present complex information simply and clearly and enjoy working with non-finance teams.
- Able to connect thinking recognising interdependencies and inconsistencies and enjoy challenging the status quo.
- Conscientious, driven, and motivated.
- Quick learner.