Fixed Term Contract
up to £48,000
Hybrid working / west end
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a well known Restaurant Group in London on a contract until the end of the year. The role does require some reporting so not just 'core accounting' and does require you to have fixed asset register experience. If you're immediately available or on a couple of weeks notice and able to commit to a contract please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities will include:
An integral part of the central finance team that ultimately completes month end, submits company filings and completes the annual company audit.
To support the completion of management accounts with focus on key identified areas.
To support the Group Finance Business Partner on group-wide reporting and forecasting.
To support the Group Financial Controller in the day-to-day management of the audit deliverables as well as other statutory reporting requirements.
To maintain settings and users within core finance systems.
1. Month End Responsibilities
* To maintain the fixed asset register on a monthly basis with responsibility for the capex, depreciation and amortisation month end processes and journals.
* To support the Group Financial Controller in completing company interest and tax postings and balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
2. Support Group Filing Responsibilities
* To support the Group Financial Controller in the submission of Tax, VAT, GST and other filing requirements.
* To assist in the day-to-day management of the annual company audit deliverables.
3. Group Reporting & Forecasting
* To support the Group Finance Business Partner complete group reporting on a regularly basis (weekly, monthly and ad-hoc).
* To support the aggregation and articulation of group budgets and forecasts including group cashflow and balance sheet forecasting.
* To support the distribution of site budgets, monthly P&Ls and transaction listings.
* To support the Group Finance Business Partner on any ad-hoc analysis and reporting as and when required.
4. System Management
* Day to day management of the finance team's core system Unit4 (opening and closing cost centres, adding new usernames, etc).
* Day to day management of the finance team's forecasting and reporting system, TM1.
* Month end close on WD 6, working toward WD 5 close over time.
* On time and accurate submission of tax, VAT & GST filing
* On time and accurate filing of statutory accounts.
* Accurate compilation of forecasts and reports, delivered to stipulated deadlines (per SLAs).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
* Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant or equivalent (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), with experience posting journals and completing balance sheet reconciliations.
* Experience contributing to company audits.
* Experience analysing and forecasting data.
* Preferably experience in multi-site businesses.
* Medium to advanced excel user.